Sunday, September 23, 2012

Yardwork

While we did all the work inside the house, we were wanting to be outside, working in the yard. I'm a gardener and my husband has been dreaming of building an outdoor wood-fired pizza oven for months. So with the conclusion of the bedroom saga, we've been able to start focusing outside, where we have wanted to. I've done some more boring things (killing ivy, weeding, trimming roses), but also created a little garden bed for myself with some winter veggies growing, plus a large basil plant we bought a month or two ago from the farmer's market.

There are lettuce seedlings popping up here and there and the sugar peas are starting to climb the trellis I made for them from fallen tree limbs that I found around the yard.

My husband's project is much more impressive. Here's a picture of the current state of the pizza oven. 

That's just the stand. Firewood will be stored in that cubby-hole. A big igloo-like structure is planned for the top of that stand. He's keeping a record of his building progress here: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/36-pompeii-dc-18213.html


No comments:

Post a Comment